10 reasons to take a multivitamin tablet daily
by Jayesh Patel on Aug 07, 2023
Ten reasons to take a multivitamin tablet daily
Stop thinking of multivitamin supplements as medications and start thinking of them as a wellness addition to your diet that will help you lead the lifestyle you desire. In this blog, we go into more detail on what multivitamin tablets are, the top 10 health benefits of taking one every day, and the optimum times to take them.
What we can expect from a Multivitamin Tablet?
More and more men and women now share the stress of the workplace at home. They may overlook a balanced, healthy diet in their focus on shared occupations and lifestyles. For instance, if they need to get to work on time, they might skip breakfast or eat fast food. Deficiencies in vitamins and minerals can enter our lives as a result of an unbalanced diet.
Even if people are able to find the time to shop for and prepare veggies, there is no assurance that these foods would deliver the necessary nutrients. Vegetables may not be fresh due to food adulteration issues, artificial colouring, and preservatives. The vegetables may only be consumed after 2–3 days, fried, or as leftovers. A multivitamin tablet can offer the nutrients required to keep the body healthy, active, vital, and stress-free throughout all of this.
The Top 10 Health Benefits of Multivitamin Tablets
1. Filling The Nutritional Gap:
Most of us don't get the recommended dosage of essential nutrients from food and diet alone due to factors like restricted diets (ketogenic diet, Atkins diet, low carb diet, etc.), poor appetite, compromised digestive system, or changing nutritional needs. Supplementation is intended to bridge the nutritional gap to avoid nutrient deficiency and maintain the intake of proper nutrients from food and supplementation.
2. Nutrient Absorption Declines with Age:
Research has indicated that as we age, malabsorption becomes very common as our body does not have the same capability to break down and absorb nutrients as it used to. Also, nutrient absorption interferes with certain medications. The production of digestive enzymes, which break down and absorb nutrients from food and drink, naturally declines the older we get. Multivitamins for men and women can correct these deficiencies and become even more critical as we age.
3. Our Food is Losing Nutrients
● Soil Depletion: A well-fertile soil is a crucial agricultural element for plants to absorb adequate minerals. Without this, the plant cannot form essential vitamins. But due to modern farming techniques, synthetic fertilizers, depleted soils, or GMO seeds, there has been an alarming drop in soil mineral levels that rob the plants of essential nutrients. A study published in the Journal of Nutrition and Health in 2003 reveals that mineral levels in fruits, grains, and vegetables dropped as much as 77%. It is improbable that we can get all the nutrients we need from food. A well-formulated supplement containing multivitamins and multi-minerals can prove to be a solution for the deficiencies.
● Cooking Damages Nutrients in Food: Cooking processes like boiling, freezing, drying, cooking, microwaving, frying, and reheating can significantly reduce micronutrient content. So unless you are eating raw food, you lose many nutrients from your food while cooking. A multivitamin supplement can fill in those gaps.
4. Harmful Chemicals increase the Nutrient Needs:
Chemicals found in our water supply, air pollution, and soil pollution with the additional use of pesticides, insecticides, and herbicides - all impact the nutritional component of the food. Consequently, we need to increase our need for extra vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants as they create harmful free radicals that attack our immune system. Supplementing the diet with vitamins, and minerals, along with antioxidants, help fight those free radicals.
5. Exercise Increases Nutrient Needs:
Bodybuilders, athletes, and people with active lifestyles need more nutrients than the average non-active person. As you exercise or make efforts to be physically active, your body uses up the energy and nutrients (vitamins and minerals) stored in your body. It is essential to replenish these vital nutrients from time to time to provide you energy, maintain the lean tissue muscle, and promote recovery post-workout. That’s why an athlete’s diet includes a large portion of protein, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Taking a multivitamin supplement is an easy and quick way to ensure you get all those vital micronutrients.
6. Poor Eating Habits:
Busy schedules, irregular eating habits, consuming processed junk food on the go, and stress - all contribute to poor digestion and absorption, making it difficult for our bodies to extract the nutrients it needs from food. While a multivitamin supplement cannot replace poor eating habits, it can help prevent damage caused in the body due to toxins or overconsumption of unhealthy food. What’s more, multivitamin tablets for men may slightly differ from multivitamin tablets for women as their nutritional needs are different.
7. Reduce the Risk of Chronic Disease
Healthcare workers like doctors and nutritionists encourage people to look for disease prevention instead of treatment. Taking a daily supplement may significantly reduce the risk of chronic diseases. A study published in Nutrition Journal in Oct 2007 showed how people who took multiple supplements, including a multivitamin, vitamin C, and all, were 73% less likely to have diabetes and 39% less likely to have hypertension. The multiple supplement users also have better C-reactive protein levels, homocysteine (a measure of inflammation), cholesterol, and triglycerides.
8. Vegetarians and vegans
Vegetarians and vegans are often deprived of vital nutrients and can benefit from a multivitamin supplement since their food restrictions can make it harder to get the nutrients their bodies require.
9. People with a condition that depletes nutrients or digestive Issues:
Those with cancer, diabetes, and chronic gastrointestinal disorder such as colitis, pancreatitis, or Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), need to take supplements as heavy medications can disrupt the process of nutrient absorption.
10. Needs above the Recommended Dietary Allowance (RDA):
Multivitamins for men and women can be helpful if you belong to the following categories or are undergoing any of the below-mentioned conditions.
● Lactating (Breast-Feeding)
● Prolonged Stress
● Chronic Disease
● Inherent Deficiency
● Environmental Pollution and Heavy Metal Toxin
● Malabsorption Disorders like Crohn’s Disease or Irritable Bowel Syndrome
● Exercise-induced Nutrient Depletion
● Alcohol Consumption
● People who have undergone surgery
● Those who are on medications
A multivitamin supplement can provide the extra vitamins and minerals (and meet the RDA requirements) needed during these situations.
What is the best time of day to take multivitamin tablets?
One daily multivitamin tablet is more than sufficient. One hour after any meal, take your multivitamin tablet (though lunch is preferred for better effects). For regular, consistent effects, take your multivitamin tablet for at least 3-4 months.
Take your multivitamin tablet along with a healthy, balanced diet, and make an effort to exercise for at least 30 minutes each day. However, if you do not, do not panic; multivitamin tablets typically produce the same results.
Prakruti Multivitamin Tablets are enriched with active ingredients: vitamins, minerals, botanical extracts, amino acids, and probiotics. These tablets are vegan-friendly, gluten-free, GMO-free, and GMP-certified.